Thursday, April 28, 2011

"On the road again..."

Hi All!! Sorry I haven't written before now. Kathy and I have been putting the pedal to the metal and as of this evening have covered 10 states and a foreign country (Canada)...1,777 miles. Yahoo! We left Somersworth at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday 4/26 and it is now 9:30 p.m. Thursday 4/28. Phewww!
I am trying to get some pics loaded on here from the road, however I have found my patience and tolerance level is quite LOW after 10-12 hours of driving. Yes, I have done all the driving so far....I get car sick. :) But tomorrow there are some things I want to take pics of from the car. I will let Kathy drive for a bit.
What we have seen so far... Niagara Falls, beautiful, wet, loud. We went up in a huge sky ride that is like a ferris wheel, but closed in with glass. Very cool! We could see everything from there and got some great shots of the falls. Saw Amish folks in Wisconsin and ate some good cheese. Took a side trip in Minnesota and took pics of hundreds of windmills. Very surreal!
We are going to the "Corn Palace" tomorrow morning on our way out of here...Mitchell, South Dakota. Wall, SD is our next stop.
The pink Puppies and Waldo are getting a little road weary. They have to buck up! I think Kathy may be getting a little "Heidi" Weary! :)
We're having fun and really learning a lot of little things about our country. I'll write again soon. Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment